Join us on Sunday, September 20th as we crawl around the cave "Tumbling Rock" in Scottsboro, AL (about 45-60 minutes away). After four or so hours in Tumbling Rock, we'll emerge victorious and hungry. We'll stop at a Mexican restaurant and devour buckets of chips and salsa.
Limited to the first 12 people that pay!
$25 includes a donation to the Southeastern Cave Conservatory Inc AND gear rental.
- 9:30: Meet up to carpool (Optimist Recreation Center, 703 Oakwood Avenue Northeast, Huntsville, AL 35811)
- 10:00 Leave for Tumbling Rock
- 11:15 Arrive at tumbling rock
- 11:20 Get gear on and get ready to enter a CAVE
- 11:50 Enter Tumbling Rock adventures
- 4:00 Exit Tumbling Rock
- 4:05 Change clothes, get ready to leave
- 4:30 Leave Tumbling Rock.
- 5:30 or sooner... Mexican Food. .
WHAT TO BRING/ WEAR
1) A CHANGE OF CLOTHES...including underwear, you will get muddy. shoes too. you'd probably appreciate a towel and a bag to put your wet clothes in.
2) BOOTS or sturdy tennis shoes, with tread. No sandals allowed in the cave.
3) SMALL BACKPACK. I carry a book bag in with me to store a sweatshirt and water. Bring a dry bag for your camera.
4) SNACKS: we will be underground for several hours and will be taking snack breaks.
5) WATER! Don't get dehydrated!
6) CAVE ATTIRE: Durable clothing that you don't mind getting mud stained. Wear long pants! Synthetic layers are best. You may work up a sweat while we are moving, but when we stop for breaks you might get cold. It's a good idea to pack a light sweat shirt or long sleeve T just in case. nothing more miserable than being several miles back in a cave and being cold... Bring a bandanna, several pairs of gloves, and knee/elbow pads!
7) An Adventurous Spirit...we won't put you in harm’s way at all but we will encourage you to push your limits (only as far as you want to).
Questions? Email HuntsvilleYP@gmail.com